The Warren Street Reader

Talkin' baseball and music and anything-else-on-my-mind blues...

Thursday, March 22, 2007


I have to say, I think SI is INSANE for picking the Angels over the Dodgers in the World Series this year. No disrespect to either team, because I think they both will be good, but World Series?

How can you pick the Angels over 1. Yankees 2. Red Sox 3. one of three teams from the AL Central. I don't even know if the Angels will make the playoffs. Maybe they'll win the west, but that isn't saying much, really. And the Dodgers? Granted, the Giants are weak, the Diamondbacks are iffy and the Padres are old and boring, but I don't think they will be able to compete with the juggernaut in the NL East.

That said, my predicition: Red Sox-Phillies in the Series. And the Red Sox will win (and I don't want to hear any "you-jinxed-it" crap).

• Biased opinion? Maybe, but after watching Diasuke yesterday, I am almost convinced the Sox will have the most dominating starting rotation of any team in years. Should Papelbon continue to throw gas, Beckett continue to adjust to the AL and Schilling prove he is still the ace, the Sox starting five could win 70 games.

• Good news for Royals fans (All 14 of you) -- Alex Gordon is officially your Opening Day third baseman. He should have an exciting year in Kansas City.

• Bad news for Cardinals fans (All 14 of you, ha! just kidding) -- Mr. 'Men at Work' has gone and done a bad, bad thing. Reminds me of that scene in the ultra-freak film, The River's Edge.

• I said it when they signed him - Jeff Suppan is going to be a force for the Brewers, who are on many people's list to surprise this year. In fact, there are so many people expecting them to be a surprise, it makes you wonder how they can be a surprise.

• If Dan Haren pitches this season as well as Rich Harden has this spring, then the A's should win the West.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home