The Warren Street Reader

Talkin' baseball and music and anything-else-on-my-mind blues...

Friday, January 12, 2007

Around the Horn

Some Friday news and notes...

• The countdown to pitchers and catchers is officially on (32 days), and hot stoves are heating up. ESPN has begun its annual tour around the Majors, and Tim Kurkjian starts it off with a nice look at Fenway (I love the CITGO anecdote).

• The more things change, the more they stay the same.

• Tick Tock already!

• Does the addition of former Red Sox pitcher Jeff Suppan (right) make the Brewers real contenders in the NL this year? Who cares? I care! Go Brew Crew!

• Oh yeah, some British guy is coming to America. His arrival reminds me of another foreigner who went to Hollywood.

• Speaking of Hollywood, the Dodgers front office has launched a new plan apparently aimed at producing as much right field bleacher vomit as possible. What's next, a hot dog eating contest during the seventh inning stretch?!

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah's new album hits digital markets on Tuesday (and is available on CD Jan. 30), and the Wall Street Journal has taken notice of this DIY indie band who sold 122,000 copies of its first self-produced full-length. But as much as I enjoyed the first CYHSY, I am not in love with what I have heard so far from "Some Loud Thunder." We'll see.

• I am in love with Neko Case, however.

• Meanwhile, sit back, relax and take a load off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home